Lead Accountant is a critical member of our team. You will work with all team members and report directly to firm Partners, while also working directly with clients to service their ongoing accounting needs. Your outgoing personality instills calm and confidence.
Must be able to adeptly handle variety of tasks from multitude of clients and team members. This is a demanding position. Each day is different from the one before; flexibility and ability to prioritize is essential to this role, as are the abilities to lead while being a team player; to create calm in moments of chaos and to be able to laugh and create laughter.
This is a 100% remote position. Must have access to high-speed internet and be able to communicate effectively over virtual channels.
- Manage complete accounting process; including but not limited to month-end, journal entries, payroll, general ledger, bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Develop internal controls, guidelines and procedures such as budgeting, cash management and accounting for wide array of company clients
- Work with Operations Director to facilitate on-boarding of new clients
- Monitor, support, educate and mentor junior staff
- Build and oversee budgets, forecasts and financial operation review for clients
- Manage client relationship; set expectations and carry through on all levels; communicate and sometimes educate, clients of sensitive and confidential information with poise and tact
- Continually learn new technologies and effectively incorporate them into your service of clients and company operations.
- Strong client service pull. Be driven to pro-actively participate in initiatives which make a positive difference to clients
- Strong understanding of cash versus accrual basis and GAAP versus income tax/other basis accounting
- Absolute attention to detail while exhibiting speed and accuracy in delivery
- High degree of integrity
- 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance or Taxation
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in general accounting and transactional bookkeeping
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in financial modeling, planning and analysis
- Tech savvy with the ability to integrate and manage multiple online tools effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Adventurous with great sense of humor
- Xero and QuickBooks experience
- U.S. resident, eligible to work in the U.S.
The following skills checks will be administered to all qualified candidates
- Background Check
- Accounting skills check
- Xero skills check
- QB skills check
- Communication skills check
- Financial modeling skills check
Awarded Xero Gold Partner of the Year, Americas, MATAX is a 100% Xero advisory and full-service cloud bookkeeping firm. We are an entirely remote company that has been in business for over a decade. We work with start-ups and business of all formations, sizes and industries. As recognized leaders in the Xero community, we are experienced accountants and technology professionals providing our clients with the solutions they need to prosper. Inclusivity, flexibility and tech-savvy are what we are made of. We take pride in the close relationships with clients and openness among team members, allowing all to be themselves as they trail blaze the way forward in cloud accounting.
MATAX is an equal opportunity employer inclusive of all persons regardless of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status.
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits
- 401(k) w/ Company Contribution
- Internet Reimbursement
- Phone Reimbursement
- Gym Benefit
- Flexible Schedule
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- 10 Company Holidays
- Annual Equipment Allowance
- Profit Sharing Program
- Educational Reimbursement
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave